Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Heard about Tech City and the government's announcements about supporting tech businesses in London? Want to find out how this will help companies in Silicon Roundabout? Want your questions answered and your suggestions heard? Come to the TechHub event on Monday 20th December to meet David Willetts, Minister for Science and Universities, Anthony Browne from the Mayor's Office, and each other.
- What is the £200 million equity fund and will it be available to early stage companies?
- What's the situation with the entrepreneur's visa and immigration quotas?
- How will the government be supporting the existing tech cluster in Shoreditch?
- What can be done to reduce red tape and help small companies access government support and contract opportunities?
- How can the government help you to create more employment opportunities by keeping the cost of employment down?
The event starts at 7pm with drinks, mince pies and networking, then David Willetts and Anthony Browne will speak for just 15 minutes to give you an update on the project. Then it's over to you to ask questions and give feedback and ideas - this is an evening about contributing, not just sitting back and listening. Elizabeth Varley of TechHub will be facilitating the discussion.
We're prioritising local companies and entrepreneurs, and startup, high-growth and medium-sized companies as the government is talking to many of the big companies in tech and we want to make sure startups and the like are being heard from.
TechHub's aim is to support the tech industry by bringing together all the elements of the technology ecosystem. This is the first event in our series of events exclusively for the Shoreditch tech cluster, so look out for more coming from January.